on friday i went to have a hi-res CT scan of my sinuses for the allergist. it was still early so i swung by his office and dropped off the copies the radiologist had given me before heading in to work. my follow up appointment is supposed to be March 15th.
so, this morning at 8:05 my cell rings. i recognize the number as the allergist's office. someone on the other end of the phone who never actually identified himself tells me "dr has reviewed your ct's. he says the films show highly abnormal sinuses and he wants to see you right away. it may require surgery." i was all, "um, ok." then he says "oh, and you are anemic too. i'll transfer you to the appointment desk." CLICK
so, the soonest they can get me in is thursday afternoon.
this is a CT of a "normal" sinus.

and here is one of an "abnormal" sinus.

i don't know if mine is this bad or if it's worse.


6 comments:
oh man. i hope they can fix you up and get rid of that cough!
Let's just hope for the best. Be sure and let us know.
Hi-
I hope everyone you work with on this has a good bedside manner and treats you with caring and respect. I also hope they have a perfect solution for you! We'll be sending good thoughts your way!
All the best,
Lee
I'm sure they'll be able to help you...I knew someone that had to do it and after the surgery he was just
another person...I keep my fingers crossed for you.
I wish that person on the phone could have been nicer to you!!!
Some doctors and nurses just should not be doing that job if they can't be nicer!!!
M.
Good grief, I hope not! I wonder if they'll do a scrape or drill a hole. I have such awful sinus problems too, but mine can't be fixed surgically. So maybe this will actually be better since it'll be all fixed up and you won't suffer any more? Did that sound lame? Call me Pollyanna.
thanks, everyone.
NSM is going to go with me to hold my hand and listen to what the doctor has to say.
i am really hoping that if it requires surgery that it is the cause of the coughing that i do and that it cures it.
although, i will miss the great ab work out i get from all the coughing. ;)
Post a Comment