
last night. Since the GI (that's gastroenterologist not a military man...) took me off my aciphex because we thought it wasn't helping the cough, the cough has gotten progressively worse. last night it was so bad that i couldn't even talk between coughing spurts. notsoccer mom advised me to away myself to the hospital and heed her advice i did. because i was complaining of difficulty breathing i landed on free parking and went straight to GO to collect my $200 dollars. i was immediately taken into a treatment room and placed on oxygen while being triaged. the nurse practitioner came in and order up some nebulizer treatments from respiratory therapy. the first was xopenex (a bronchiodilator) and the second was lidocaine (to numb things (including my lips and tongue) up. after a chest x-ray and more oxygen they sent me home with a xopenex inhaler

as a "rescue breather" and orders to follow up with my GI. i have now left 3 messages with the GI's office and have yet to receive a return call. GRRRRR....
update: the PA FINALLY called me back at almost 6:30 pm tonight. we the doc really wants my system to be virgin for the ph test on the 22nd, so i am going to try and tough it out until then with the cough.


8 comments:
Hey! I was born there!
(I hope you feel better very soon.)
my pulmonologist had ruled out asthma as the cause of my cough but according to the NP and the cutest damn doctor i have ever seen GERD and asthma are going hand in hand a lot more often these days so there is a good possiblity that i DO have asthma.
why is it that you always get the hottest doctor when you look like hell?? ;)
Glad you listened to notsoccer mom!
Take care of yourself.
yeah, i know that i am stubborn as hell but it seemed like good advice this time.
Well, tghis sounds terrible, y dear! I have lung problems myself and so I know somewat what it is to have a cough that makes you breathless...I hope your doctor is able to pin down the root cause and then treat iy! You will be in my thoughts...
Here from Michele today!
well it's nice that she listens to me some of the time... but i wish they'd figure out what the heck is causing that cough!
you and me both, NSM... you and me both.
I am sorry you have been suffering and will have to tough it out. I hope you fair well.
From Michele's.
Post a Comment