my dearest friend, notsoccer mom is having a birthday tomorrow. usually i buy her a cake from one of our local bakeries that we both like. this year i got the bright idea to try out my mad baking skillz. hahahahahahahaha... she asked for a cake that looks like a present.

honestly, i had NO FREAKIN IDEA how hard it is to work with fondant. it's a good thing that i don't have carpal tunnel. duff goldman and his team at charm city cakes make it look so damn easy. well, i am here to tell you that they lie. it was back breaking work kneading and rolling out this stuff. thank god, it came already colored because if i had had to knead in the coloring too, notsoccer mom would be enjoying cupcakes from safeway for her birthday.


10 comments:
I think Duff would be deeply impressed: what an incredible gift - on so many levels - you've made for her.
I'm generally not a Food Network fan, but I'll admit to watching Duff on occasion and being awestruck by how he and his team put these fantastically artistic projects together. That and he seems like such a neat soul.
How cool that you've got that gift, too. May you have more fondant in your future!
Dropped by from Michele's tonight. Sorry I've been such a stranger of late: life's been beyond insane.
Barbie you did a GREAT job! You're making one for my birthday too right? (ducking)....
The cake looks awesome. Congratulations on tackling it.
I am usually impressed by Duff's creations less for their artistic stylings (which are usually excellent) than by the engineering feats he attempts and achieves. Cakes which launch cannonballs, have flames shooting out of them, or include moving parts, are pretty impressive.
I think the cake turned out great! Great color and lovely design. (doesn't look like the one you have pictured below though! lol) The Pickle Sickle thing looks disgusting!!
I think it looks lovely and if she complains, let me at er...let me at er... lol
thank you thank you thank you!!! it was awesome, inside and out! thanks also for driving, for my train ticket, and for sharing yourself for the day; i had a blast!
i'm so glad you liked the cake. :)
yesterday was fun. and i am already plotting a return to boulder creek brewery. that burget was soo damn good.
I love that show! Yes, Duff would be impressed! I love that cake! You are a true cake artist!
That came out totally awesome! You rock. Now I have to find out what fondant is, because it looks cool. Of course, since I didn't see you working with it, you made it look easy too. ;-)
Well it does start with F!
You are such a sweet friend. I think the cake looks purty... and so PINK too!
Post a Comment