i find myself so offended by the sexist marketing carls jrs is using lately that i dont ever want to eat there again. anyone else offended by these types of commercials?
definately. Have you seen the commercials for ITT Tech school of criminal justice? If you do, listen to the narrator when he says, "for men...AND Women!" like it's a surprise women can go to school let alone work in the CJ field...
I've never eaten at Carl's Jr (we don't have them here in Ohio), but any company that thinks Paris Hilton is a great spokesperson definitely doesn't need my business.
But the unfortunate thing? Sex sells. You and I both know that the girl in the video, as teeny tiny as she is, doesn't eat burgers regularly. But the commercial sends an unrealistic message to young girls that you can eat like that and stay fit, as long as you "exercise more" - which in this case, is "riding the bull", which we all know is a euphamism for something else. The commercial sucks on a whole bunch of levels, actually.
Oh my gosh!!! I despise all Carl's Jr commercials for the last couple of years...even the ones that could have potentially been entertaining they find a way to ruin whether it is the disgusting food eating sounds or the mess they always make or some other "thing" their commercials promote.
I've never been exposed to these commercials before. I do have one thing to say though, THAT girl never eats a burger that huge ... NEVER. I doubt she gets much exercise, aside from the occasional hip-thrust.
11 comments:
Golly!
Definitely me. Then again Carl's Jr offends me on many levels. This is just one of them.
Gross. I hate that ad.
definately. Have you seen the commercials for ITT Tech school of criminal justice? If you do, listen to the narrator when he says, "for men...AND Women!" like it's a surprise women can go to school let alone work in the CJ field...
women are allowed to go to school?
I've never eaten at Carl's Jr (we don't have them here in Ohio), but any company that thinks Paris Hilton is a great spokesperson definitely doesn't need my business.
But the unfortunate thing? Sex sells. You and I both know that the girl in the video, as teeny tiny as she is, doesn't eat burgers regularly. But the commercial sends an unrealistic message to young girls that you can eat like that and stay fit, as long as you "exercise more" - which in this case, is "riding the bull", which we all know is a euphamism for something else. The commercial sucks on a whole bunch of levels, actually.
Oh my gosh!!! I despise all Carl's Jr commercials for the last couple of years...even the ones that could have potentially been entertaining they find a way to ruin whether it is the disgusting food eating sounds or the mess they always make or some other "thing" their commercials promote.
For some reason I can't post a comment... One more time...
Huge steps backwards!!!
Hello, Michele sent me! I thought it was jeans commercial. Either way it's insulting. We don't have Carl's around here, never heard of them.
I've never been exposed to these commercials before. I do have one thing to say though, THAT girl never eats a burger that huge ... NEVER. I doubt she gets much exercise, aside from the occasional hip-thrust.
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment